At Standard Distribution Co. 100% order accuracy is not a goal, it’s reality! This applied to our unbeatable cross docking services. Cross docking is the practice of moving product from a manufacturing plant and delivers it directly to the customer with little or no material handling in between. With little or no storage, cross docking provides a cost effective alternative to streamline the movement of your goods. But what are the other advantages of cross docking with Standard Distribution?
Advantages of our cross docking services include:
* Streamlines the supply chain, from point of origin to point of sale
* Shortens delivery lead times
* Reduces labor costs through less inventory handling
* Increases order fill rates
* Reduces inventory holding costs by reducing storage times and potentially eliminating the need to retain safety stock
* Products reach the distributor, and consequently the customer, faster
* Reduces warehousing costs
There are some materials that are better suited to cross docking than others. Some of the ideal product candidates include:
* Perishable items that require immediate shipment
* Promotional items and items that are being launched
* Staple retail products with a constant demand or low demand variance
* Pre-picked, pre-packaged customer orders from another production plant or warehouse/Products that are pre-tagged (bar coded, RFID) and ready for sale at the customer
* High quality items that do not require quality inspections during goods receipt
Our central geographic location is ideal for cross docking in the Midwest and our reliable and fast logistics professionals will see to it that your product is efficiently delivered on-time. We are here to assist you in any way possible, contact us for a fast cross docking quote today.